Thursday, February 27, 2014

My New Best Friend

I found an app called the Nike app.... I love it!! It's my new best friend. You should look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about. Best of all, it's FREE. It tracks all your runs, your average pace, distance, and maps out your run afterwards. Better yet, while you are running, you can tap the screen and it will tell you how far you've run and your current pace. It has a free coaching program as well, which is what I'm so excited about. You can train for a 5k, 10k, half-marathon, or a marathon. Each day it gives you a work out to do in order to prepare. How awesome it that?! And it is totally doable. I started training on Monday for a 5k. Here is my week:

Monday - Walk for one mile at a brisk pace.
Tuesday - Run 1.5 miles, alternating walking and running about every minute.
Wednesday - Cross-train
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Walk one mile at a brisk pace.
Saturday - Run 2 miles, alternating walking and running about every minute.
Sunday - Walk for one mile at a brisk pace.

How awesome is that?? It plans out the next 8 weeks for me, increasing the mileage and running each week. I even convinced Ben to do it with me. I can't wait to sign him up for his first official 5k!

No comments:

Post a Comment