Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Goals

I've decided to track my weight loss progress on my blog to boost my motivation. I have done well so far, but I have a long way to go!

To understand my goals, we have to start at the beginning.

When I married Ben in 2011, I was very fit and healthy. I weighed about 145lbs. For being a thick, 5'9" girl, that is a healthy weight for my range. Over the next couple years, I would yo-yo between exercising and being lazy, eating healthy and eating junk. When I got pregnant in January 2013, I weighed 160lbs - more than I wanted to be. By the end of my pregnancy, I weighed about 210 pounds. What!?! I flipped at that number at the doctor's office. I never thought I would reach 200 pounds. But I did. Thankfully after Charlie was born, I quickly dropped ten pounds, then steadily made my way down to about 185 lbs. That is where we begin!

I've set some goals that I think are realistic.

Target weight: 145lbs
Target date: July 2013
Running goal: Run a half-marathon by the end of the year

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment